Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

New member here. Long time lurker. Just used the tutorial for the timing belts on my GL1500 Motor Trike. The tutorial really made the job easy. Thank you for the great writeup. I started on a 3-wheeler 60 years ago, then to 2 wheels for the next 55 years. Now I'm back to 3 wheels again. I like this one better. Ozarkwing

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
imported post

First of all & very important :
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU !!

Now my Question:
Has anybody ever changed the rear loudspeaker boxes ( the Complete housing ) changing them from the 2001 - 2005 to the 2007 version ???? They do fit , but i need to know the IMPORTANT PARTS , so i dont scratch or loose parts like THE LID ... if anyones got Pics / Info ...... PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE a PM would be a great start to the season for me.
Thanks & Greetz from Germany
JIMI

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Welcome, you should introduce yourself on the "New Members" Thread. If I remember from my old 1200 you remove the mirrors, then there is a screw on each side holding the chrome below the windshield, then you can get at the screws securing the windshield. :waving:

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
imported post

96aspencade is correct. Pull the rubber boots back from the fairing side and you will see the Phillips bolts holding each mirror in. Just take note, there is a long and short one that have to go back in the same hole they came out of. Be careful not to strip the heads. Use the correct size bit on them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
would like to know about a cb radio on a 1986 1200 a the head set not working and cb will not talk is the left ant for cb or do both of them need to be hooked up?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The instructions on the 1500 timing belt replacement are awesome. I did mine over memorial day weekend. First Wing and first timing belt change on a bike. I think it took me 5 hours going slow and went great! I went with the Gates T275 belts I got from Amazon. Thank you so much for posting this.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts