Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well despite the fierce crosswind around the Arkansas and southern Missouri area our journey was wonderful. We had leftthe ES m&G at a time that would allow us to have ample daylight. Keep in mind this was my maiden voyage having ever pulleda trailer, but after the trip down in the pitch black and a few hundred miles of pitching the bike from turn to turn the trip home was a breeze. In our goodbyes LOPHEA had suggested a route to try and it was a great choice of beautiful winding roads. Some where around the Missouri Line I pulled into a Caseys to put on some chaps, the wind was beating me to death. When we pulled in there was a group of wings, none that I knew, none from our group. A casual conversation led to me telling them about our group which some knew of, they too were headed the direction I was going for a bit. I pulled out of the station and was on my way with a group of about 12 wings close in my mirror. Almost made a wrong turn but corected when their lead wing pulled ahead to my position, with hand jestures he asked for my approval to lead which I aprroved and was then flooded into a group of wings I didn't know but felt i did. For the next 60-70 miles we travled with our new friends until they pulled off and I continued onto HWY71 north. Not long after getting onto 71, and having been what seemed to bethe only person on the highway, i saw a single light behind me. It was approaching fast, I figured it to be one of those other cycles. To my surprise if was one of those, it was a beautifuly painted and detailed Victory Vision, a bike which peaks my intrest with its sharp lines and creative design at the same time leaving its competion in the dust. The rider, decked in leather and patches, lookedlike he had been born on the road. He pulled just far enough ahead that I was able to sit and admire his bike awhile and explain to Faith what we were looking at. He turned and smiled, I responed with a nod and a thumbs up. He slowed to my pace and drove in the lane next to me a bit before signaling and joining me in my lane. We rode for the next 150mi together, I never caught his name, never caught the name on his club patch, never got to tell him thank you. Thank you for the companion, for the safety in numbers factor, for the break in the bordem. When I slowed up he slowed, when i changed lanes he changed lanes. He had plenty opprotunities to pull away in traffic and never did. His bike was loud but not obnoxios. He was respectful and for that I am thankful. When he finally reached his exit I waved, hegestured a blessing, pointing to the Heavens a sign of the trinity and gave it to me, and he was gone..

It amazes me the brotherhood that can be found on an open road. Living close to a major city you mainly see image riders, people who ride because its cool. People who wouldnt look twice cause I'm on "Jap Scrap". That was a trip I will never soon forget, and hope to have plenty more like it.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

Great story/trip report! Glad you had a good time and great experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.