Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Hays County courthouse, San Marcos, TX 01.04.12

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I rode Monday. It was 31 degrees and snowed that night. It was 17 degress this morning when I went to work! But I will be riding this weekend if the rain holds off!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Yep, us385, pretty days here in south Texas. It was 26 when I went into work yesterday and 36 this morning... Man I love those Gerbings heated gloves.........

Absolutely gorgeous in the afternoons on the way home....

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

What'sthe matter, T ...... had to go to those court houses to pay some traffic fines? :D :cheeky1: :cheeky1:

Riding is just a distant memory up hereat the present time (haven't ridden since Dec 17), but then again, unlike you Texans, we get to ride in the dead of day during the July and August heatup here, with no big worries of heat stroke! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
What'sthe matter, T ...... had to go to those court houses to pay some traffic fines? :D :cheeky1: :cheeky1:

Riding is just a distant memory up hereat the present time (haven't ridden since Dec 17), but then again, unlike you Texans, we get to ride in the dead of day during the July and August heatup here, with no big worries of heat stroke! ;)
Sorry to hear it's been that long since you rode Dusty. It's REAL nice down here.:raspberry:

Actually, mid summer this last summer was the hottest I have seen in many years and it wasn't too bad. The roads were hotter than all get out but I managed to not get overheated with all my gear on. Now take in mind I go 33 miles one way, I didn't go on any LONG range rides. But I guess you get used to it just like cold weather.

With the change of my windsheild to a shorter one I now get a little more air over the helmet and that made a difference.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,147 Posts
imported post

48* now at 7 PM, high was 58*

Tomorrow is supposed to make 70* ????

I thought this was winter time.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

It's been pretty good riding all year so far :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
imported post

Finally, for the first time driving, my wife and I were able to ride our 1800 to Key West. It was perfect weather, once we got into the southern part of Florida. Great going back to mid state, and saw quite a few Goldwings.

The last time we were in Key West, was almost 25 years ago, when we flew the chain down in a Piper Arrow from MI on our honeymoon.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

At last getting rid of the 46" of snow that we have collected here in the hills sence Dec. 12 sure am glad I don't live in a place anymorewere it stays cold enough that what you get stays all winter. [used to live in Steamboat springs Co. I know about snow staying around awhile] Good to see you out and about T.Getting out of here soooooon!!!! :action::action:

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
imported post

Nice looking buildings! Very interesting. I really like the looks of the Fayette County courthouse.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Okay so it's Saturday morning and I just felt like posting an image of another cool building...

Conoco Gas Station ~ Shamrock, Texas

Attachments

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

CBH wrote:
That is different looking!
It was designed by that robot from Star Wars... Artie Deco! :ROFL:

Actually... this is one of the best surviving examples of art deco architecture in Texas. (Fort Worth has some nice examples too...)

This station was actually used as a model by the CGI artists that created the fictitious town of Radiator Springs in the movie Cars. Years ago, I drove 200 miles out of my way just to see this single building. I was rooting around in some old image files and found a set I took in 2008.

This was a quickie merge of eleven different images, taken on the fly, on a bad day at an inconvenient time... St. Patricks day in Shamrock, Texas! Woo-hoo!

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
imported post

I've got pics of that station from our ride to the Grand Canyon in 06. Interesting place.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

I like the Texas panhandle... plenty of parking!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Blanco County Court House... Blanco, County, TX

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

ride every day here..lots of goldwing clubs running around this time of year with the snobirds here.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

Google this address:
241 West Lancaster Avenue, Fort Worth, Texas
This is the old train station in downtown. My daughter had her wedding reception here. Remember all the old passenger stations came directly into the downtown areas of the major towns. This one has been renovated on the inside and is absolutely astounding. We do not make architecture like this anymore.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.