Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Guys,

Have gone back thru the old post's but maybe ye can help me. I need to source an outdoor cover for my soon to arrive GL1500. Can't bring the bike down the side/back of house. Don't have the room, so bike will have to parked out the front on the driveway, hence the need for a good cover. Already saw Redwing's reply to the GL1800 cover but not sure if this will do :waving:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi Austin ,,hope you got everything sorted out ok ,,yes take REDWINGS advice ,,when you send them an e mail tell them it is for a 1500,I think there is a slight difference because the 1800 windscreen is much shorter ,,,,cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Ciaran,

Ya, hopefully things have been sorted by now. Sold my old bike this morning so will have to go back to the cage for the next couple of weeks whilst waiting for the new baby to arrive. Will order one of the covers that R.W. spoke about ;)

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

medic1 wrote:
will have to go back to the cage for the next couple of weeks whilst waiting for the new baby to arrive. Will order one of the covers that R.W. spoke about ;)
Hey medic1, :waving:These two weeks will be the longest time you ever spent in the labour ward, :crying:but the result will be all worth while. :weightlifter:What type of cover did R.W. speak about.? :baffled: The Kury cover is the one to buy, :clapper:but maybe R.W. has advised you to buy one of those tents that cost around $475 so we will leave it with R.W.. :stumped: Good luck with your :15red:and have many safe (s)miles or is it now KMH. :grinner:

:jumper: :18red: :jumper:

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

What type of cover did R.W. speak about.? :baffled: The Kury cover is the one to buy, :clapper:but maybe R.W. has advised you to buy one of those tents that cost around $475 so we will leave it with R.W.. :stumped:

Redwing, the R.W. is you ;). Will be ordering the Kury cover in the next day or two.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks guys for all the help. Got a cover from Sam in Wingtoys, Tx today. Also ordered one for my colleague who has bought a wing.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

I've been reading mixed reports on cycleshells lately. Apparently they don't handle windy conditions too well, they bob about and hit off the bike, eventually splitting.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

I know a few people in the UK who only got one season out of them before they were ripped to shreds from thwind.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

A visit to an Army surplus stores will get you a seriously good canvas cover to keep the weather off your baby, for about £30.00. Visit the War and Peace show in PaddockWood in July and you might even get it cheaper, plus it is a great weekend of serious Boyz Toys!!

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

Canvas covers last for many years, very tough yet soft on paint and still breathable. I have one since 2001 and it's still perfectly intact, no fancy logos to attract thieving scum either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.