Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Good morning,

I'm in the market for a good motorcycle jacket. I like the Tourmaster, either the Transition or Pivot 3 models. Does anyone happen to have one of these, and how do you like it?

I'm considering the yellow for visibility, does anyone have a bright canary coat? There's someone here locally with bright yellow gear that rides a new Wing. I see them frequently, and they really stick out at a distance...

Thanks for all,

Bob

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
imported post

My next jacket or suit will be a bright yellow.
I presently have gear from Motoport
Their gear is pricey, but the quality, service and warranty is superb.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
imported post

Only problem with the yellow is it fades quickly. May buy a normal dark material jacket, and one of those cheap fluorescent yellow throw-overs. When that fades, get another one for a couple of bucks.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

beertap tom wrote:
Only problem with the yellow is it fades quickly. May buy a normal dark material jacket, and one of those cheap fluorescent yellow throw-overs. When that fades, get another one for a couple of bucks.
Agreed. Two friends of mine have Yellow Roadcrafter suits. In less than two riding seasons each looks faded and dull, (and always dirty looking!). Take Tom's advice and buy a vest or go with these things over the coat. http://www.safety-gear.breflective.com/reflective-harness.php

The first time I saw them was when the Hells Angels had a pow wow in Minnesota in 2009. I was riding south and met a couple of them in a truckstop. They were heading north and each had one of these on over their vests. Never thought I'd see the day. :action:

I have a mesh Vest from MSF http://www.flickr.com/photos/smokeonit/2736343627/

When it is worn out, I'll replace it with suspenders.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
imported post

I've got a TourMaster Transition 2 jacket and like it a lot.

Good venting, tight flaps over zippers and pockets, the jacket adjusts well to get the armor held in the right places. Feels quality overall.

Light enough to wear on warm, not hot, days w/o the liner. And warm enough to wear into the low fourties with the liner and a long sleaved shirt.

Mine is silver with some black and really stands out when headlights hit it.

I got a good deal on mine, but recently have seen them for as low as $135 at some season closeout sales.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
imported post

I wear a Tourmaster mesh, with the two different liners in various combinations. A Sonora? I think?

It is black with the yellow sleeves and panels. I've only had it two seasons but it is holding up very well and I am impressed with the quality of the jacket and its construction.

When I bought it the salesman told me that if I would take one of the yellow ones he could take 10% off the hang tag. He stated that a lot of riders were starting to wear the yellow, as it is highly visible, but I think they must have been having a bit of trouble selling them.

I was not interested in making any fashion statements from my Wing, however I am interested in being seen. So I took him up on his offer.

It was amazing, driving around locally especially. You can tell when the drivers would finally register an oncoming cycle...they would actually crowd their fog line and some even cross over it with their right wheels! Just makes me smile:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.