Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an inexpensive solution to know the outside ambient air temp?

My 1993 with its cassette deck doesn't have that fancy technology.

I'm looking for something self contained and analog.

·
Administrator
58,410 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
I've seen some small stick on thermometers on side mirrors of cars. Maybe something like that.

Or you could just use a weather rock.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Almost forgot about Weather Rocks.

Highly scientific - Look at it.

If the rock is wet, it is raining.
If it feels cold, it's cold out.
If there's snow on it, it is snowing.
If you can't see it, it's dark out.
If it's gone, the wind blew it away, take cover! :ROFL:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I use this on my 97 and work good I installed the sensor in the tunnel on the left of the fairing.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/UCTRONICS-Fahrenheit-Temperature-Thermistor-Protection/dp/B01L1DLPWG/ref=sr_1_32?crid=2RUPZKO0YJ78Z&keywords=analog+temperature+thermometer&qid=1557051386&s=gateway&sprefix=analog+temper%2Caps%2C249&sr=8-32[/ame]

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
I've seen some small stick on thermometers on side mirrors of cars. Maybe something like that.

Or you could just use a weather rock.
They've digitalized weather rocks now. They're a lot smaller than the original oem. Same with the weather sticks too, but they don't last as long as the rock..

·
Administrator
24,994 Posts
How about a weather donkey?
If it's tail is wet, it's raining
if it is waving it's windy
if it's stiff it's cold
if it white it's snowing

·
Administrator
24,994 Posts
Seriously, If the 1800 didn't have the temp already on it I wouldn't miss it. Since it's there though I do use it, mostly to see how close I can guess what the temperature is.

·
1,648 Posts
Seriously, If the 1800 didn't have the temp already on it I wouldn't miss it. Since it's there though I do use it, mostly to see how close I can guess what the temperature is.
Especially when riding in the mountains where the air gets colder the higher you go i use mine alot. I like to know when it is time to look for "black ice" .
Last morning when i started my home travel from the Ardennes in Belgium(first GWEF treffen of the year) it was around the freezing point and that tells me to take it easy:laugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts