Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am having problems lately with my wing temp being quite high. It was usually around 3 bars on the digital readout and it is now between 5 and 6 bars. Sometimes it's ok but more than often it is raised. I drained the wee tank below the seat a couple of weeks ago thinking it was the breather tank above the fuel tank. I refilled the system and then this has started. I noticed in other discussions mention being made to the system being pressurised ? Any help would be grateful.

Rgds

KJH

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Hi KJH. Did you top up the radiator as well? If the coolant in the bottle had all gone then you would have had to top-up the radiator first and then the bottle, otherwise you migt get airlocks, especially if the temp only started reading high after you topped up the bottle.
If the temp was already high before the top up, it might be a good idea to replace the thermostat.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
imported post

sounds like you need to bleed the system of air open the rad. cap top it off and run the engine till the thermastat opens that should bleed the system for you then top off if needed

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the info will try this. I didn't realise the radiator had a cap as well.

Thanks again

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Isn't that cap a sweetheart ???????!!!!! Damned poor engineering, for sure. Mine's getting warm quite fast, now that we're in the 90's. Fan comes on a lot, and it''s noisy, too. So, that's next, I guess. Seems like there's always something.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Things are all sorted. The radiator level had dropped due to my earlier meddling. Temp is nice and stable now thanks again.

Peninsula Winger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.