Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Posted on wrong site so I need more ideas on 1984 overcharging system. Using fluke handheld meter, stator checked out fine no shorts to ground , continuity to each yellow wire and 70 ac volts reg checked out per manuel specs. At idle bike sits at 14.7 to 15 and throttle up voltaqe drops to 14.6 Got 2 ideas from checking hot lead not being enough volts to using a relay in this wire that goes from main fuse block to regulator. Bought new reg from ricks and it sits at 15.25 at idle. What gives Any ideas

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

Use the handheld meter and check the voltage at the battery. If it checks out OK,check it at the volt meter on the bike. You may have a bad volt meter.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,757 Posts
imported post

That's just the way a GL12 system works. When mine was new I went round and round with the dealer, thinking there was a problem. They put a new regulator on and same thing. And by the way. Check your battery water often...I mean like every otherweek.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I have done these before and they always would sit at 13 volts and go to 14.7 at 3000 rpm I had to hard wire at plug because it melted also

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.