Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Okay, so what's the purpose of the overdrive light on the 1500? The 93 doesn't have a gear indicator so why did they think you need to know when it's in fifth gear?

:15red::clapper:

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

I guess it's just one of those mysteries of Honda logic. I mean we all wanted an overdrive light on our Goldwings more than a gear indicator! ;)

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Okay, so what's the purpose of the overdrive light on the 1500?
Hey exavid :waving: Thats just to let you know that you have no more gears in that direction. :stumped: Anymore questions just ask. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Mr.1200 wrote:
It's A Honda Engineer Joke!!!!!!!!!!

In my Opinion,We should be able to beat the crap out ofEngineers once a day,just forsome of the Stupid crapwe have to put up with...:D
Hey Mr.1200 :gunhead: That sounds like fighting talk. :whip:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I might be less likely to try to start out in 2nd without an indicator since I have to keep what I laughingly call my mind on what gear I'm using. My 1200 was the first bike I ever hadwith an indicator and I have to admit I really didn't pay much attention to what gear I was using since I could just glance at the panel. Might have overly relied on the thing anyway.

Thanks REDWING, without that light I'd still be looking for another gear, now I need oneto tell me when I've hit the end of the trail on the low end so I can quit stomping!

One thing for sure, the six cylinder engine has more torque, the gears are all higher than on the 1200, not near as busy at highway speeds.

:weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

The light on your dash is NOT an overdrive light ........

"OD "means OH DAMN I have no more gears left ,,are you all stupaaaa or whaaaa....................CHEERS CIARAN:waving:

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

hey exavid

if you think you have gone down your gears into first just give it a half kick:?:?into neutral and the little green light should come on the dash at least it will stop you stomping:shock::shock:although it could be handy at a square dance:cheeky1:. ERIC

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

wexman wrote:
The light on your dash is NOT an overdrive light ........

"OD "means OH DAMN I have no more gears left ,,are you all stupaaaa or whaaaa....................CHEERS CIARAN:waving:
I shoulda been able to figger that one out, thanks. Get some dentures for that stupid bird of yours!

:whip:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

It's there to scare the crap out of people who aren't expecting an orange light to come on while on the freeway, and who didn't get to learn what it was all about until after leaving skid marks on the seat.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
imported post

They should just do away with little things like that. The bike is heavy enough as it is. Take some weight away with needless things like OD lights, and it allows me to add more safety chrome:D:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.