Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My sister is wanting to buy an oversize windshield for her husband. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Steve

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

I bought a slipstreamer 168, it was taller than stock and much wider, my wife loved it as it stopped a ton of turbulence for her and helped me out too....

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Any chance you remember where you bought it from?

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

Mine had one on it when I bought her. After trying to get the haze off it I decided to buy a stock size. I found the stock size to be far better. The ovesize one was like a jib sail and the amount of air it displaced caused buffeting on the passangers and me.

No accounting for taste though.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Try Cee Bailey's.

First off, if you do get a windscreen your not happy with (Maybe to high), they will give you one free cut down.

You can also go on their site and they show you a technique for measuring the proper height of a windscreen "For You"

Plus they are a contributor to the XMas give away, always a vendor that we should keep in mind, as they do us.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

SCB, i found a pic of theshield i had on, our experience was that it helped a lot over the stock shield for the turbulence on the passenger....hope this helps.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
imported post

That shield looks like a Slipstreamer Wraparound.
Same one I put on my 81' Interstate, though I did cut about 6" off the top so I could see over it. Ordered mine from the local Honda dealer who doesn't mind getting after market parts for our old bikes.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

Try Precision Plastic Products. Gibson City, Illinois I had one of their 1100 windshields on a 1100 for 20 years. Very nice design and high quality. Remember lot of those bikes had vetter windshields and hey don't interchange with honda.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.