Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I've checked the coils ad wiring, all ok except the left,3-4 coil reads open on my ohmmeter. What is the trick to remove the coils and there mount plate. I'd taken out the aircleaner and housing to inspect but did not see how the plate is mounted. Had to put it back together as it's our only transportation. It runs but kind of stutters on acceleration so must arc over at higher rpm's. Will have to buy new coils. Doug

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Could be your plug wires. I had to change my #2 and #3 Plug Wires because they were arcking across each other and skipping some. Remove your false Gas Tank, (look at then in total darkness if possible) any lowers that may be on it, (Make sure the negative battery cable is disconnected) remove the rectifier and spark units, and you should be able to get a 12 mm boxed in wrench in behind it.
Good Luck,
Nightrider

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

As I stated, wires and caps are good, 5k acrossed each cap and wires have continuity, also they are only 3 years old.Removal was what I need to know,Just have to take more parts off as you say. Just like working on aircraft.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

You have to take off the false tank. then there are two mounting bolts that hold the whole thing on the frame..at the front of the coil pack top and bottom..one has a main bike ground on it too. You can unscrew the plugs wires and leave them in place it you want.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

The most important thing is to number the Plug Wired, from the Coil to the Plugs, and remember the sequence in the way to put them back on if some slip out, which is possible if Murphy is around. Write them down on paper.
Good Luck,
Nightrider

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.