Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do people really buy used complicated motorcycles like Gold Wings and NOT ask for … or demand … as part of the deal … the owner's manual that came with it?

'Ell if I would.

I read enough operating type or owner service related questions (that I know the answer lies within the owner's manual) that I guess they do … or they just are too lazy to look it up.

I have always gotten it, even if I asked for it and had the seller say "Oh yeah, I forgot it" (BS). I about guarantee if you make it clear you want it or no sale, they'll find it if they have it. If they truly don't have it, you'll see the tell. I'd rather have the owner's manual than "just two year old tires" or a "recent oil change" or "new inspection sticker". Ain't just motorcycle buyers, car & truck buyers do it too. At 66, I can't recall ever "NOT" having an owners manual with a vehicle I bought.

·
Administrator
26,169 Posts
I don't get it either. There is always room for it somewhere in the vehicle.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,688 Posts
We had two brand new purchased Pontiac Vibes in our family, Cyndi's 2005 and her mom's 2007.

the Owners Guide to instruct you on how to configure the clock, the Automatic Door locking feature ( hate it, turned it off ) came with the cars.

a true Mechanics Manual for the cars, they do NOT come with new cars, UNLESS you stand on your own two feet and declare you are walking out the door if it is not in the car when you lay down the cash.

·
Premium Member
3,741 Posts
I picked up a 1994 GL1500 last week and it had the owners manual and complete tool kit minus the spark plug wrench. This is my 10th used bike and that was a first. Should’ve bought a lottery ticket.
If planning to do your own maintenance, you should have a Honda Service Manual with the Electrical Troubleshooting Section. Maybe you already have it....!!

The Clymer's and Haynes manuals are not as "detailed" as the Honda Manual. Especially regarding electrical circuits....!!

If you have questions or need help, visit the Technical message forum......!!

Hope you are aware the 1994 Gold Wing's were prone to having "Shift Fork" issues. It happened to a couple 1994's of my friends.

Before anyone comments, they did not have Heel/Toe Shifters....!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts