Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anyone making the trip up for the Oyster Run on Sept 25th in Anacortes? My girl friend and I are planning on riding up for lunch..... and ride back home.

Here is a link to the flyer

Open to suggestions for the route, but I would enjoy riding back down Whidbey Island and across the Multito Ferry.

My last visit to the Oyster Run was two years ago and when we got to the Mulito Ferry, the entire ferry was full of motorcycles..... not one car.

Some loud motorcycles and the respective riders dressed like pirates, but a bunch people out enjoying the day.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Larry

Was going to give this a go and PM you, but just stripped a bolt on my right front caliper this morning changing brake pads. :sadguy: If Cyclemax comes through and gets it to me before next weekend would like to meet you there. I'd be going up to Pt Townsend and across the ferry there.

I'll try to let you know later in the week if anything good comes together.

Pat

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

jpelmer wrote:
Larry

Was going to give this a go and PM you, but just stripped a bolt on my right front caliper this morning changing brake pads. :sadguy: If Cyclemax comes through and gets it to me before next weekend would like to meet you there. I'd be going up to Pt Townsend and across the ferry there.

I'll try to let you know later in the week if anything good comes together.

Pat
Thats a bummer. Well hopefully you will get it fixed and be able to make it up there. There are a couple of different meetup groups making the trip up there. I hope we have some nice weather next weekend.

Larry

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

This is the biggest one day rally around and this is the largest Goldwing Forum. Am I to believe that there is no interest or have people have already made plans?

There are a couple of groups that have planned organized rides to this, I just thought I would give a shout out and see if there was a group going from this forum.

Well I am going and I live in the Lynnwood / Edmonds area. If you decide to make the trip on the last minute, don't hesitate to PM me and we can discuss it.

Also, if you have a group already going, I sure would enjoy being invited to the party.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

If it was a bit closer I'd go. I love oysters so nearly any excuse
Have a great day
Bo

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Had a great ride up there and back. Cloudy but no rain until I was in the crowd and it poured like crazy for 20 minutes. We went up Widbey Island, so that meant a ferry boat ride coming and going. It was fun being on the ferry with 200+ motorcycles on the ferry.

Seemed to be quite a few pirates running around town. I was amazed to see how many folks were flying colors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.