Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,i asked my BIL if he would like to go on a MC/camping trip down to Arkansas to test out his (new to him) 2000 Kaw Voyager and for me to test out my (new to me) 1997 1500 SE,and pull my new trailer i built for the first time to work out any bugs before the wife and i pull it out west this coming summer..To my SURPRISE,he replied YES!

Sooooo.....if any of y'all feel like riding with us,or even set'n up camp near Ozark,Ark. the 2nd week of December,come on over! I will post where we will be camping when we get there.We will probably take advantage of the winter rates(13.50) w/electric,in a nearby state park.I have ridden the Pig
Trail coming back from Texas this year and really looking forward to riding several more miles of the surrounding area.If you happen to see a Forrest GREEN Honda Goldwing,pulling a bright YELLOW fiberglass trailer and a nice looking Voyger,give us a shout.

Any suggestions for roads to ride,places to visit,and great camping spots will be highly welcomed!

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Gosh you are brave! This time of year I would take the slow roads, and visit campgrounds with heated cabins to rent!! (wish I was going ... ;-))

That's why you don't mess with the boyz from illinoiz Jim. Tougher than nails we are. Wish I didn't have to work.

Hope the weather holds for you guys. :waving::waving:

·
Administrator
27,886 Posts
Let me know where and when. If possible I will come ride with you.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
Let me know where and when. If possible I will come ride with you.
Me Too !!!

I live in the Arkansas River Valley ... if you need any help with rides, and/or places to go, etc. drop me a line.

Also, I am retired and can be a guide for a day just about any time ... we will find the GOOD roads.

Bob

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear ya erwjwwjrwejwre! lol

and THANKS alot fellers! I will post on here where we set-up camp and an ETA.That'd be great,maybe go for a ride y'all and guide us to the 'good roads'.H3ll ya!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
That's why you don't mess with the boyz from illinoiz Jim. Tougher than nails we are. Wish I didn't have to work.

Especially when we plug in our nice little warm heated Gerbing Jackets. I had a nice 32 degree ride to work this morning. We are tough. :ROFL:

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Forest ranger on the phone told us we should check out Lake Shores.We might do that but i am thinking about camping way farther south for a little ?warmer climate,perhaps west of Hot Springs somewhere.

I have a CCW permit,does anyone know if ANY of the State Parks prohibit firearms?
I know CC used to be 'prohibited',but i have read where the law was ammended.I AM waiting on a return call from the AHP and the Forest Ranger to make sure but thought someone might have some 'do's and don'ts'.

·
1,566 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Not that I would advocate breaking the rules, but unless you actually use the thing nobody is going to be the wiser anyhow... Maybe 'better safe than sorry' works both ways here?

Attachments

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
Forest ranger on the phone told us we should check out Lake Shores.We might do that but i am thinking about camping way farther south for a little ?warmer climate,perhaps west of Hot Springs somewhere.
I would not recommend camping north of the Arkansas River Valley during the winter months. If we get any snow during that time, it is usually in the Ozark mountains north of the river valley.

Anything between Hot Springs and the Arkansas River Valley would give you better access to the Northern Ozarks on the good weather days.

Not saying there are not any good roads south of the river valley, because there are ... just not as many and not as concentrated.

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
There are several campsites around Lake Ouchita, just NW of Hot Springs.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Post details soon as you know them.
Wife I think gets off for vacation about 12th of Dec. or near.
I think I'd still have some free time after that, but sometime between 12th and 25th we are going to Gulfcoast to visit daughter.
Only plan to stay there about a week though as it costs so much to board our dog the size of a small horse LOL
So I THINK we would be leaving later in the month to spend 25th down there.

Would be great to meet up and camp/ride if time permits.

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for your reply dedgar,i have checked that part,i have a UTAH non-resident permit and have carried THRU Ark several times.They DO honor it,but but may be one of the very few states that would omit CC in states parks.

Wingmaster,i FULLY understand,but that's really not how the 'system' works,i want to be completely legal.If some lunatic walked up to my 'PUBLIC LAND' camp area and deciced he wants all my money,and i shoot him to protect or defend myself,I will probably wind-up in jail myself for a UUW charge.Sad but true!!! If i RENTED the area,and the firearm was INSIDE of MY tent,not exposed to the public,the outcome may be different.

THANK YOU Monk,that is exactly what i need to know!

Woodbutcher i 'have' checked out that area,Petit Jean SP looks like a purdy cool place too,if we decide on a class 'C' spot!

Chromo...I WILL,we would enjoy meetin y'all! Stop by the camp and say howdy!

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
I know very little about the camp grounds ... with that said ... Petit Jean is only a few miles from Morrilton. I run through there alot ...

It is a very nice area ...

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts

Not all of us are that tough :NO: and my bike will sleeping for the winter at that time of the year, :sleepy: we could very well be up to our "chubs" in snow by then!!!

Hope you get away OK Jim and enjoy those warmer Arkansas climes, you are a braver soul than I am - I don't do winter sports!! - - - - AT ALL!!! :ROFL:

Les

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Wingmaster,i FULLY understand,but that's really not how the 'system' works,i want to be completely legal.If some lunatic walked up to my 'PUBLIC LAND' camp area and deciced he wants all my money,and i shoot him to protect or defend myself,I will probably wind-up in jail myself for a UUW charge.Sad but true!!! If i RENTED the area,and the firearm was INSIDE of MY tent,not exposed to the public,the outcome may be different.
I've given this a lot of thought over the years, and I've concluded that I really don't care to be a victim personally! I'm not going to play cop unless it appears necessary either, but if someone is foolish enough to use a firearm while committing a robbery, then he is probably not worried about using it? I'll face the time if it comes to defending myself, or another innocent third party. (the 2nd amendment is everyone's CP in my humble opinion).

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've given this a lot of thought over the years, and I've concluded that I really don't care to be a victim personally! I'm not going to play cop unless it appears necessary either, but if someone is foolish enough to use a firearm while committing a robbery, then he is probably not worried about using it? I'll face the time if it comes to defending myself, or another innocent third party. (the 2nd amendment is everyone's CP in my humble opinion).

Thank you buddy,i couldn't have said it better!!!!!

I really DO feel the same way.:readit:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.