Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am having difficulty responding to pm's, when i hit respond to message the box shows previos message but has no where for me to respond.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
How are you selecting sending a PM. On this new iteration of the forum it appears you only need to click on the name of the person you want to PM. That will open what appears to be a normal message box but aimed at the PM person not the forum.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just click on reply at bottom of message recieved.

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
I just click in the top of the PM box and hit my enter button 3-4 time to create space. Then I click back at the top of the box and type reply. This will give you some room to work and keep things separated and neat. Don't know if this is the correct way but works for me.

·
Happy Goldwinger
778 Posts
Does the PM box with the received message open up? If it does, you only need to click above or below the text of that message to make your reply.

If I am misunderstanding the problem, maybe you can post a screen shot of what you see.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,629 Posts
I just read the message,

click on reply,

move the cursor down inside the TEXT BOX below the message,

Use the keystrokes Control-Home together to position the cursor at the EXACT beginning of that text box.

as said above, press <enter key> about 4 times to open up a lot of space.

The alternative method is to just use the Control-END keystrokes to position the cursor BELOW the text. Then you press <enter key> a few times to open up space and type away.

Depends on your perference for having the quote first, or last in your reply.

This new forum software has a lot of nuances with a lot of power, but it is NOT as user friendly as the old one was.

ie, it is not a KISS type forum. Requires me learning how to use it. But I am coming around.

you ought to see the Moderator Control Panel if you want Confusing....... way to easy to delete all you guys in one fell swoop :eek: :eek:

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,323 Posts
John, I think you miss spelled a word...
You spelled "nuance", and I'm think you meant nuisance.

That's OK, Paul did it to...
He spelled "iteration", when he surely meant irritation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.