Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I saw a pacific coast 800 on ebay. I know I saw them when they were being sold, but I know nothing about them. One of you guru doods will be able to describe them for me. Just a curiosity.

:)

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

800cc V twin, shaft final drive and I believe liquid cooled. The entire rear pan lifts up to expose storage compartment. Quiet, not too quick, and reliable. The fellow I follow at work has one but I haven't looked at it for a while. Give me a day and I'll get back to you. I believe this was Honda's idea of a commuter bike to lure in prospective Goldwing buyers. I've only seen two on the road since they came out. I don't even remember when they were discontinued.... :gunhead:

You can try here http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mchonda/pc800.html

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Looks like an oversized scooter.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
Looks like an oversized scooter.
Fantastic technical description from one of the hallowed gurus, I now appreciate all the finer points of this unusual bike, thanks mate.:bowing::doh::goofygrin:

Pete

·
Registered
517 Posts
imported post

I'm selling one right now on Ebay. Great bike. 800cc V-twin. Liquid cooled. Quiet, smooth, and comfortable cruise well above the legal limit. Light, low seat height. Feels like a 500cc bike and leans over readily. Excellent wind and weather protection. Typical Honda fit and finsih.

Flip up 'trunk' easily accomodate two full face helmets with room to spare. they were made from 89 - 93 and then brought back due to dealer requests from 95 - 98. Much better bike for the money than the current crop of big displacement "scooters".

I found I really had to watch myself as I repeatedly caught myself going 85 - 90 mph if i wasn't paying attention. Mark in MN

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

Ive heard repeated storys of people actually doing long distance touring with no problems.................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.