Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

We are about to purchase a Piggy Backer XL. Looking for advice on what, and how, to pack. Iam considering creating a removable divider to place inside the trailer to create a few compartments so things don't slide around. How many changes of clothes? Do you plan for a "wash day" at a washateria? Any suggestions from those who have been onmulti day trips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Dividers are a good idea, garbage bags to put things in help, we usually only wear 1/2 of what we pack, tarp on bottom can be handy. Pack light. depends on how long you are going. Rain suits necessary. Enjoy :action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
imported post

buy some of those jumbo size zip lock bags...they are about the size of a suitcase! they are great for dirty clothes. You should be able to pack enough to go about 5 days without washing clothes. If we are gone longer than that we plan a morning to wash at a laundrymat. i seem to be able to put as much in my trailer as the trunk of a small car. Then i try to leave the saddle bags empty as possible, or only really light stuff...rainsuits, stuff I may not need to get out. We love travel with the trailer, it makes it a lot easier.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

In the trailer...
We lay the two luggage cases on the floor, then surround those with the smaller things like the fan, the laptops, extra cans of soda, snacks, tools and things. We pack the flexible things up front in the cavities like the large rain cover and some soft bags.
Then we cover it all with the leathers, vests and jackets we will need on and off en route.

That keeps everything in place and available by need for us.

The bike boxes carry her purse, gloves some tools camera and first aid kits.

We try to keep the top box free as much as possible for quick stop things like windshield cleaner, cameras, things being charged, and a place to put stuff you take off when your stop someplace. Money and weapons dispersed throughout.

We carry trash bags for the dirty clothes or in case we need to make an extra rain suit for some reason.

We can carry about a little over a week's supply of clothes so once a week we can stop and do laundry if we aren't visiting someone with an available washing machine by then.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

watch your tongue weight..just a little on the bike..if you've got a fish spring scale use it to test the weight on the tongue..most say 10% to 15% of tailer wieght aroudn 40 to 50 lbs??? max..

I jsut noticed the trailer behind you in your pic..wow that's some trailer for a motorcycle!!! even a Goldwing:shock::shock::shock:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.