Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

can some one please tell me what color I should use to repaint the plastic parts on the center peices. I have a 1996 gl 1500 SE its white and the plastic parts look like they are bluish black. Also should I sand them or just clean them before I paint them. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

here's the paint codes for the 96 SE,unless PO changed the colors
1996 GL1500SE
Candy Spectra Red, R176C. Inset panel colour
is Candy Garnet Red, R199C
Pearl Glacier White, NH326M. Inset panel
colour is Glacier White Accent Gray, no code
available
Pearl Royal Magenta, R151P. Inset panel
colour is Pearl Royal Magenta Accent, no code
available
Pearl Sierra Green, G156P. Inset panel colour
is Pearl Sierra Green Accent, no code

you should at least sand them with 320 or 600 so that paint will adhere,make sure that you use some sort of degreaser and remove any traces of wax and chemicals,i would want to do a test piece if possible

you might want to do some checkinh here
http://www.colorrite.com/index.cfm?CFID=1359899&CFTOKEN=41629964

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

If you are talking about the plastic bits like the ignition panels, shelter coveretc, the colour you are describing is what Honda calls ... Cosmopolitan Gray.

Dusty

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

Anim8or Earl wrote:
The reason no codes are available is because the inset colors are decals, not paint.
That's right, and some of them are easy to match at the paint shop once you bring a panel along.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks guys. Yes I was talking about the plastic parts like: Dash and speaker console, gas compartment door, and all the other parts and compartments. I'll try looking for " Cosmopolitan Gray' I guess thats what I have. It's very dark blue or blackish looking. Also what would be the best way to remove pi stripping?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

drbruno4 wrote:
Also what would be the best way to remove pi stripping?
Is that Pin striping?
If so, they are Decals, pin striping is attached to the center color. You cut around the striping to just remove the striping. Check with a sign maker for glue removal spray.

Unless you have aftermarket hand painted Pin Striping?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.