Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am painting a panel on my 95 wing. The color is Candy spectra red. At least that what I think it is. Does this color have a metalic flake in it? I had a body shop paint the panel but it was not a match.I decided to paint it myself. The paint job turned out great but again not a match. The paint I used does not appear to be a metalic flake? Also the color does not match. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

It's a three stage paint. Silver metallic base coat followed by non-metallic colour coats built up to the right opacity (that's the hard part) and finished with clear-coat.
You won't get anywhere near a match by using metallic colour followd by clearcoat, it has to be three-stages. I've found that out the hard and expensive way over the years.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

wingnut wrote:
It's a three stage paint. Silver metallic base coat followed by non-metallic colour coats built up to the right opacity (that's the hard part) and finished with clear-coat.
You won't get anywhere near a match by using metallic colour followd by clearcoat, it has to be three-stages. I've found that out the hard and expensive way over the years.
Yes. To provide some visuals for the process, here is a link to mine being painted that way.

http://goldwingtech.info/paint/paint.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.