Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

does anyone know how i can find a color match to this bike other than color rite the one they show just does'nt look right i am just alittle skeptical i guess because its 80.00 for a pint thats not good for a color that won't match.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

From 30+ years of experience, you gotta get an "eye match" done locally to get a dead on match. Any good paint supplier for autos can do this for you. Oxidation, sunlight, and other factors will change the color alot from what it was new. Even if you found the actual can of paint from way back then, It would be a different color than your bike. A tech will take a part off YOUR bike, and tweek the formula in tiny increments to get it as dead on as possible in natural sunlight. Even then, the clearcoat will impart a color change to the basecoat. Add to that, any "pearl" that may be called for, also changes things. So, it's gonna be a crapshoot going by the color code alone. Take a side cover to a supplier, and see what it is gonna cost. I'll betcha it'a more than color rite is asking! jimsjinx

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

[url=http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=8357&forum_id=1&highlight=paint+

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.