Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hey - wanted to know if anyone knew a specific paint for the badges on wings. I would like to repaint mine silver.
thank s'
jeff '81 rebuild

·
21,842 Posts
imported post

A few years ago I went to a plating place and was surprized as to how little it would cost if all the badges and such were done at the same time.

In today's economic climate I think you could make a deal with a plater and save even more.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

On all my rebuilds, even my prize 87 Interstate baby, go to Lowe's, get a brass brush to knock off any loose stuff, some fine sand paper to touch up the badges, a shaker can of exteriorgloss silver in your case and a shaker can of high gloss clear coat. I used gold like the OEM andthey comeout very deep in color, and shined it up great with the clear coat. Once prepped, give them 3or 4 light coats of paint and let dry good. Get some model hobby paint of your choice and a small brush for the background. You can brush the background in and just wipe off what you slop. When that drys, give them 3 or 4 light coats of the clear coat. What ever nubs you might break off when removing the badges, you can stick them on with the good 3M tape fom an auto parts store. I've had bikes out for a few yearsand they still look great. You'll have less than $30 in it and have it donein a weekend.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

P Yanney wrote:
Get some model hobby paint of your choice...

Testors model paint... every color under the Sun, and it's enamel too.

Color it up by hand, then shoot the whole thing with clear enamel.

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.