Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey all,

Well now that I am working on the front seals replacement. I was wondering has anybody painted there Goldwing fenders, tank, and bags?

Is this something I can do it my garage. I just want it all to match.

If not can anybody recommend a body shop in northwestern chicagoland area that will do just a basic paint job. No flames or speical requests. Just make everything match.

John

And thanks again for helping me getting the fairing mounted, and the turn signal problems solved.

Great forum.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

My best advise would be to do it yourself, IF, and that's a big IF, you have a good place to do it, the time, and are set up with a decent spray system of some sort. If not, then a person or shop that does this stuff is a better deal in the long run. JMHO, but I have been pulling a spray trigger for a living all my adult life. Even "sprayed" water as a fireman!:ssshh: It can be fun doing it yourself, but there IS alot to understand before going off to the paint store! Another good shot, would be your local high school auto shop. Unfortunately, most cities have shut down all the vocational classes, but worth checking into. Community college shops are a good place to go. I've seen spray can jobs that suprized me, and I've seen big buck paint jobs peel like masking tape! Good luck, and feel free to pm me any time! :byebye:Jim (jimsjinx)

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

If you do most of the prep work, you know sanding and all that someplace like Maco might give you a good deal. Don't know just a suggestion

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

A lot of the car paint companies are making DIY kits that include everything need to get the job done minus the HVLP that you can usually rent for a few days.

If you use rattle cans make sure you get a batch and the clear coat from the same load. Get a rattle can handle system too, a few extra bucks but you can really control the spray better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.