Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

trying to find out if thiers any rattlecan paint to matcha burgandy wing.... also need suggestions/alternatives for some touch up work

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

i have heard of a BMW match that was on the aftermarket fairing of mine. It was a match for wineberry red but with only a very subtle metalic shade. The guy that owned it before was in the crash rebuild trade and found it. I have no paint code but it must be current because they only use paint matches from current maker ranges.

Most other wings I have seen have used contrasting paint schemes instead of matching.

Mine for instance is a very subtle metalic black but the fuel lids in the dummy tank are gold leaf.

It's a way forward when no matches are available

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

[url=http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=8357&forum_id=1&highlight=paint+ hi if you go to the link and get your paint code your local auto paint store should be able to mix it for you in a rattle can

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

If you did an experiment on a piece of tin, or an old fridge you can see the outcome before you paint your bike.

Try this, 2 or 3 coats of mettalic gold and let dry. Than buy a pint of clear coat & have it tinted with candy apple red. Now apply even light coats of the tinted clear until you get the depth of color you want. If it looks good, repeat this process on your wing parts.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Color rite is a good place online.(?)I got some to match my "mercedes Green" and it is pretty darned close.jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.