Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

HI to all .The time as come to paint the frame of my 1100 ? Which is best powder coating , stove enamel or a good coat of paint :?any help in the matter will be appreciated Many thanks Viv

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
imported post

Sorry, can't help with the paint question, but that is quiet a fish!
Shimmy

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

carpman wrote:
HI to all .The time as come to paint the frame of my 1100 ? Which is best powder coating , stove enamel or a good coat of paint :?any help in the matter will be appreciated Many thanks Viv
The very best paint for your frame is powder. It is extremely hard and will out last the bike. You have to be careful though with the prep as any hole and treads have got to be well masked because it is very difficult to get the paint out of these spots. And with todays powder coating methods, allmost any color is possible. Good luck Viv.:action::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Shimmy8 wrote:
Sorry, can't help with the paint question, but that is quiet a fish!
Shimmy
Sure don't grow'm like that in the Vedder do they Shimmy?:D:D:D:D:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
imported post

Well those Spring Salmon can get up to 75lbs both in the Vedder and Fraser Rivers, Then there are the sturgen up to 2000lb, Still a nice fish!
White Rock, always sunny there isn't it?
Shimmy

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Yeh Right!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:action::action::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
imported post

fysty-1 wrote:
Yeh Right!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:action::action::action::action::action::action::action:
How are the South Surrey Eagals doing with that little Kuss this Year?

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Shimmy8 wrote:
fysty-1 wrote:
How are the South Surrey Eagals doing with that little Kuss this Year?
Who are they????:?:?:?:?:baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled: If it is not the Lions or the Blue Jays, I am not interested.:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
imported post

carpman wrote:
I have alway hand-painted all my bikes that I've rebuilt.Been doing it that way for for 30 odd years.I use coachpainters enamel from www.craftmasterpaints.co.uk This is the finest coachpaint known to man! No,I don't work for the company!

Recently did my '81 GL1100,2 coats primer,2 coats,u/coat,3 coats gloss. Yes,it is time consuming,but the end result is far superior to any other type of finish,including powder. Coach enamel,if done correctly,will outlast all other finishes,including powder.though the powder coaters will try to convince you otherwise.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Remember too, touch up is much easier with paint over powder coating.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

I have painted a frame before and it stood the test of time, i used a zinc primer (this was a while back, not sure what is on the market now) and then a good quality paint, powder coating is good but has its draw backs as previously mentioned.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Hi to all the guys & girls .i will be using black lacquer to paint frame with plenty of elbow grease thank for your help in makeing my mind up i was going to powder coat but with the chipping drawbacks not now . many thanks Viv:waving:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.