Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pair of Shinko SE890's radials for $200 shipped with promo code "shinkodemayo"

Just about to buy a set of Shinko SE890's radials for my 1500 for $197 shipped with promo code "shinkodemayo" from Chapparral. Awesome deal.

Great reviews and just installing Progressive suspension front and rear so should work great even though the GW came with bias tires.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah opinions are all over the place but I read some petty good reviews on them on the 1500 here and online when you set up the suspension stiffer to compensate and run the appropriate tire pressures.

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
632 Posts
Please post back here on your experience with this tire on your GL1500.
I am considering them for my next change (late this year or early next year) and would love to hear some real world experience on them...:claps:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do. But I must add that this is my first GW (has 91,000mi) and the tires that were on it when I bought it turned out to be 9yrs (front) and 7yrs (rear) old! So anything will be a huge improvement as the handling as bought left a LOT to be desired.

So I'm also putting in new steering bearings, totally rebuilt the fork and put in progressive springs, installed new progressive rear shocks and am adding a fork brace. So I'm hopefully expecting it to handle better than new! So it may be a few weeks.

But while this is the only GW I've experienced; I've ridden and raced motorcycles for 33yrs and am an engineer that also has a pretty good understanding of motorcycle physics and how most all bikes should basically handle so hopefully my opinion on them will still be useful.

·
(Rick Sheeley GWRRA)
659 Posts
I'll be mounting these as well.....

...and will report back....

Rick/KG in Bay Area

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I bought and ran a set of shinko 747 radials when they first can out. Seem that some were having problems with them. I did not have a problem with them and had installed them on the 1989 goldiwng that I had at the time. Rode like they were on a rail, I pushed them hard and never a minutes problem with them. They cam out with the 757 version radial to replace the 747 radial.Seems the the 890 radial is getting even better. I would try them again. The price was great that you got the for. The 747 seem to cost me like 225 for the front and rear. Now I am back on the E3's with the 1998 goldwing SE that double + the cost of the 890's. So do keep use updated of how they handle and wear. The fellow that I sold the 89 wig to is still running the 747 series on it, I put 2,000 miles on the tires. Bike had 148,000 miles on it and still in great shape. May have to try another set of them at that type of price.

Steve
Carrollton Ga

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my tires today and man the rear looked wide. Turns out I ordered the 180 and not the 160. They are sending out another one today and all I have to do is print out their $7.99 shipping label, slap it on the return tire and hand it to the UPS driver when he brings the new one. I figured I'd be paying $20-$25 to ship it back. But they sure look good and will be ultra sticky compared to my 7-9yr old dunlops!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.