Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is actually serious but it's funny when you think about it. At least both my brothers thought it was funny!!:D

"Pam" non stick-cooking sprayBEWARE.

I've been known to do some baking from time to time and was getting ready to bake a batch of cookies and a couple loaves of banana bread. So Isprayed downthe cookie sheets and bread pans withPAM non-stick spray. What I didn't realize that I had over sprayed the kitchen floor.

Left the kitchen for a minute and came back in. Next thing I know I've traveled about 12 feet across the kitchen floor on my back!!! :shock:Hit my head on the floor, giving me a mild concusion, busted my butt on the tile floor and realigned the muscles and tissue in my right shoulder. I've wrecked on motorcycle before and haven't been hurt like this. Fortunately, I didn't brake anything including the tiles on the floor where my head hit. It's been almost a week later and I'm slowly recovering.

But anyone using Non stick cooking spray, be aware of where you spary the stuff because it can hurt you.

Later Rumple

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I'm sorry Rumple, I really am but you just made my laugh of the day!!!

I really hope you're doing ok now.

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
imported post

Had a similar experience with Pledge this weekend.

Wife was overhauling the closet in the bedroom, which turned into a whole bedroom cleanup, while I was working in the shop. I come inside for a break, she asks if I want to see the closet while it's clean without telling me what all she did. So I take off my dirty shoes andwalk down the hall and into the bedroom. Soon as I cross into the bedroom my feel slip out from under me and land on my butt and slide forward like I was on ice. Must have been a really odd look because the dog took off like she did something wrong and my Wife stood there laughing like it was a pratical joke. Turns out she cleaned the wood furniture including my night stand right next to the door and accidently got pledge on the hardwood floors. :shock:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

at least you wont stick to the floor. They can just slide you into the next room, and push you onto your recliner! LOL

Glad it wasnt worse...

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

A few years ago I could hear my wife calling fur help from the kitchen so I run up to see what is wrong there she is standing by the sink in tears of frustration her foot was stuck to the linoleum apparently my daughter was putting on those fake nails and had spilt some superglue on the floor the worst part was that she stepped dead center so I could not get any kind of solvent to the glue I finally had to cut out a piece of the floor to get her free

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

What a dangerous world we live in!

I once made the mistake of spraying PAM in to a frypan I had already started heating.

I had a superglue incident last year as well, stuck myself to the fuselage of the model I was building, just as well the wife heard me, would have wrecked it getting free otherwise.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I just knew most everyone on this site would be amused and some compasionate. They talk about work place safety, Hazmat, OSHA and so on but no one has ever written a book about accidents around the house and how they happen. Is it just lack of thought, or just shear fate? If it weren't for bad luck I've have no luck at all.
Later Rumple

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
imported post

last christmas my mother-in-law polished her hardwood floors, she had locked her dog into the laundry room with one of those pressure gate things, so when i came in the door through the laundry room, i took off my shoes and stepped over the gate, she didnt warn me till it was too late. my one foot slipped out and i slipped and straddled the gate. needless to say i could really hit the high notes when singing jingle bells, because my chesnuts were being iced down that night lolol :)

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

If you are aperson that enjoys the outdoors and are active in different risk sports, ie ice skating, skiing, motorcycles and so on. you always know when you go over the edge. You always have that pleasure (if you want to call it that)of at least thinking "this is going to hurt", or "this is going to be a kodak moment". But when you have something like this happen in your own home,so fast and so sudden it really sucks.LOL I think that is why both of my brothers got such a laugh out of it, is because they have seen me in action before and have witnessed those kodak moments!!!
Later Rumple

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
imported post

Way back when I used to work construction we would "have a little fun" at each other's expense on occasion. A favorite trick in the winter was to spray WD-40 on somebody's hammer handle when they weren't looking. Then don't stand too close because the next time they pulled it out with gloves on and drew back......LOOK OUT! That hammer was flying through the air. Those were the days.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Some "fun" uses for PAM:

1. Spray it on the bedroom door knob before retiring to keep the kids out.

2. Use the "butter flavored PAM" during sex...I won't tell you how to use it, but if she likes butter flavor...

3. Spraying the toliet seat with PAM keeps you from sticking to it when you raise up.

4. Out of WD-40? Use PAM to fix them annoying sqeaks until you can pick some up at the parts store.

5. Gandkids always climbing on your nice leather (or Naugahide)furnature? Spray it with the regular PAM, they won't be able to climb up on it.

6. Too hot for the kids to play outside? Spray the kitchen floor with PAM, and have them pratice their skating moves in their socks in the kitchen to keep them entertained and away from the TV.

7. Did I mention SEX? Let your mind be creative! Can be fun on waterbeds.

8. Kid has his head stuck between banister rails on stairs? Spray his head down with PAM, and his head will slip right out.

9. Tight fitting thong on head? Hard to remove? Spray down with PAM, and off she comes!

10. Keep the cats off of your Goldwing's seat, spray it down with PAM, cat tries to sit on seat, but slides off and cracks head on floorboards....Priceless.

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

I vote that PAM be nominated to share top spot with Lemon Scented Pledge!:cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

I don't think the Misses would like the taste of pledge???
Later Rumple

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

Rumple wrote:
I don't think the Misses would like the taste of pledge???
Later Rumple
:doh::doh::doh:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

LilJack wrote:
Had a similar experience with Pledge this weekend.

Wife was overhauling the closet in the bedroom, which turned into a whole bedroom cleanup, while I was working in the shop. I come inside for a break, she asks if I want to see the closet while it's clean without telling me what all she did. So I take off my dirty shoes andwalk down the hall and into the bedroom. Soon as I cross into the bedroom my feel slip out from under me and land on my butt and slide forward like I was on ice. Must have been a really odd look because the dog took off like she did something wrong and my Wife stood there laughing like it was a pratical joke. Turns out she cleaned the wood furniture including my night stand right next to the door and accidently got pledge on the hardwood floors. :shock:
Had something similar happen here last summer. I had been on a cleaning binge and my 8 year oldwanted to help. So I gave him the pledge and showed him how to use it on the livingroom furniture. He was so impressed with it that he took the pledge and a roll of hand towels and used it on the kitchen floor.

No one was safe, expecially my fathers little dog and our cats.:hovering:

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
imported post

rumple im really glad your ok and getting better and im glad to hear that everyone else is ok as well, but i want to know how did the cookies and banana bread turn out, sounds yummy.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

The bannana bread turned out great! Threw it in the oven first and set 2 timers. Didn't want to go to sleep or even risk that. (since I was home alone an seeing double)Put the cookie dough in the fridge til the next day. But they turned out tasty too!! My wife always said I cook and bake better than her, but I think it's one of those "womanly tricks" of high praise just so she doesn't have to do it.You know what I mean! "Why don't you go ahead and make dinner? You cook better than I do anyway????" LOL
Later Rumple

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.