Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My panasonic radio works fine on AM FM,but when I push the button to use the cassette,it doesnt seem to power the casstette player.It did do it on occasion beofre,but doesnt seemt o now.Could it be the plunger referred to in Muffys thread on cassette woes?

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Zonk: I am the guy who came up with the idea to give that ol solenoid plunger a boost. What you need to do first is to determin if you are or are not getting power to the cassette. Put a tape in the machine and power it up as per normal and look closely at the tape spindle for any sign of rotation.-try FF or RW and if they work, then you are getting power to the cassette. Then, if you are, turn the volume up to full and listen very carefully for any sound. If you are getting a very faint sound, then you are a candidate for the Cassette fix that I wrote in Muffy's thread. Alternately, you can send it away for repair. My method works and is dead cheap.

Warning---be sure to lower the volume before switching back to radio, lest you blow a speaker.

Good luck

Hawker22

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I`m not getting power to the cassette.I`m thinking it may have to be sent to Sierra.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Try bending all the receiver contacts out where the radio sits back in the dash mount. They tend to change their configuration over time. Also, insure that they are clean with no signs of corrosion before you go thru the expense of shipping the unit to a repair shop..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.