Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello Wingers,

I am looking foradvice on the PANASONIC radio/cassetteof myGL1200.

The radio part works fine over all speakers. The cassette palyer though is only audible over one 9in this case the right) channel. The left channel only produces sounds like a small tug boat (like, chg,chg, chg, chg, etc.). This sound does not change speed, only becomes louder when the volume knob is engaged accordingly.

So, the mechanical part works...

What have I done so far: cleaned the audio head with denat alcohol. No change.

In for good advice,

Greetz!

Iwar.

The netherlands

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum IWAR and congrats on your first post. You will find that there is a ton of information to be found on this forum and the people on here are fabulous!

The radio on my GL1200 does the same thing, only mine plays through the left speaker when using the tape deck. If I plug headsets into the intercom system, then both speakers in the helmet plays fine. I have not found why this is the way it is.

Hopefully someone will be along shortly to give us an answer.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
imported post

Welcome!!:waving:

I have problems with the radio in my 1100 and have been thinking of replacing it. If I get any advice Ill let you know.

Again welcome this is a great place for info and refrance material

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hellp Patch and PNPal,

Thanks for the welcome. It is a feast of recognition and pleasure to readthe material on this forum. Let's see if and how the radio issue will develop!

Greetz,

Iwar.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

Patch
The output for the headset from the radio is seperate than that for the speakers. So it is possible that the amplifier (MAY) be the cause, I stress MAY, and the headset output for the headset does not pass through the amplifer.
After 25 years maybe it's time for Sierra to have a look at the radio and or Amplifier. Even if it is only a thorough clean it needs.

IWAR_De
The fact that the FM section is fine possibly would suggest possible problems with the tape preamp in the radio.
You don't mention anything about a headset, if it was the same on the headset it would narrow it to the preamp (maybe)

Same again send them in for a clean...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.