Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi I'm desprate. I have a 87 gl1200 aspencade the radio has problems. I've searched e bay the model # on the back of my radio says RM1350A I can't find a single radio with that number. However I did find a RM1300 wouldanyone know if that would work?
Thanks ahead of time for any info you might have.
Marc

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

Does you bike have fader balance controls? I just purchased an NOS RM-1300 to replace my original RM-1100. Tape quit working. Wish someone who knows the issues with these would post it. Anyway, what I found out is the RM-1100, 1200 and 1300 series are interchangeable (so I was told). As to my NOS RM-1300 which arrived today, plays great in the headset and does not play thru the speakers properly. Sound pulses on and off and crackles. Anyway I just purchased another radio, these time an RM-1350 that the seller told me is guaranteed to work. I also purchased the matching amp, radio bracket, and auto volume. The amps for the RM-1300 radios have a different model number from the 1100 and 1200 series. Don't know between the 1300 and 1350. I'll let you know when the RM-1350A shows up next week and is installed to replace my RM-1100. Aslo, a business called Sierra can fix the radio supposedly. No one on this web site leaves any contact info for them though. Maybe someone will read this and leave their info.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
imported post

Was getting on the site to post my own Help request...85 LTD with RM-1200 Radio. Radio plays through the headset but not through the speakers. Also, when coming through the headset the right side headset speaker goes on/off intermittantly. If I push the off button on the radio both headset speakers will sometimes come back on. If anyone finds out something or knows something I would appreciate it. Sounds like some common problems. thanks. Michael

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hi thanks for the reply. I have found allot of info since posting my blog. All the radio's RM1100,1200,1300,1350 will fit in and work.The diffrence is they are wired slightly diffrent/For example I bought a RM1100 To try in place of my RM1350a in fit and plays but you cannot lock in any of the presets the intercom does not mute the music. I too was bidding on a 1350a on e bay ( funny bet it was same one as you ) LOL In the interm I did track down Sierra electronic info I spoke to them and they are very helpful. I sent them my 1350 the problem with mine was am and cassette worked great but fm would cut out after 1 or 2 minutes. I told them the problem and sent them the radio. they charge 85.00 for just about any repair on the radio and give you a garantee. Here is there info in case you need it. I will now post the RM1100 back on E Bay

Sierra electronics phone is 937) 335-8939

2080 Experiment Farm RD

Troy Ohio 45373

Hope this helps

Thanks again, Marc ( [email protected] )

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Hi you might want to give Sierra electronics a cal 937) 335- 8939 tell them what is happaning they are real helpful.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

You are correct the wiring is different between the 1100, 1200, 1300 series radios. The difference is the radio circuitry, not the bracket or wiring harness. If your 1100 is not playing correctly (set presets or muting), the problem is the radio not the bracket or the wiring harness. All of these radios will work in anybike provided the radio is not broken. The 1350A I just received works perfectly in place of my correctly working RM-1100 (just wanted the newer radio with bose). I do however have another RM1300 series radio that is not working correctly through the speakers (plays great through headset) and will send it to Sierra and keep it as a spare.

Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.