Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
well its all done, brakes, stainless exhaust, new clutch, blah,blah,blah,
with in and out of hospital its taken some time and of course this is where the problem comes in.
I would have thought the panels would have just gone back on they have been stored well , but no, it is taking forever to get them on can I warm them up or has anyone got another idea, please.
Ride Safe
Ray Rowland
hellwire.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,166 Posts
#1 use a heat gun to warm up the rubber grommets
......... don't get the plastics too hot!

#2 use a very light coating of vaseline on a Q-tip to grease the grommet

Panels should slip back on easier

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
552 Posts
Put a zip tie through each grommet, it will retain the grommet and provide just enough "slip" to let the bosses pass through.

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
A 1500 is like a jigsaw puzzle all the same color and nothing quite fits until you get it just right. Remembering how it came apart helps some.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
We completely disassembled a 1989 Trike in November one year, then put it all back together in March/April the following year.

No issues with any panels etc. including installing a brand new fairing.

Don't quite understand why you are having issues with installing the panels etc.....!!

l

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Was this bike involved in a accident/crash??

If not, then there should be no reason why every panel shouldn't go back on, the same way they were removed.

ABS Plastics don't warp/change shape.

Like what Dennis asked "Pictures" or a better description of what is giving you trouble, might help clear the mud?.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We completely disassembled a 1989 Trike in November one year, then put it all back together in March/April the following year.

No issues with any panels etc. including installing a brand new fairing.

Don't quite understand why you are having issues with installing the panels etc.....!!

l
that's not fair but good luck to you, I do not understand it either, not as if they are rubber or something

1 - 12 of 12 Posts