Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a parasitic power draw causing my no end of issues, as it can drain the battery within a few days.
My bike is a Honda 2001 gl1800.
i have done a check at the fuse box some time ago and it seemed to be main ignition circuit being affected. I did have some USB chargers that were connected to constant power on the ignition switch. I cut out these brumbies but the problem is persisting. Does anyone know of any for want of a term common problems with the 1800 ignition circuit?
Kindest regards
Rob

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Suspect bad battery

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi all, I have a parasitic power draw causing my no end of issues, as it can drain the battery within a few days.
i have done a check at the fuse box some time ago and it seemed to be main ignition circuit being affected. I did have some USB chargers that were connected to constant power on the ignition switch. I cut out these brumbies but the problem is persisting. Does anyone know of any for want of a term common problems with the 1800 ignition circuit?
Kindest regards
Rob
Hey dude, thanks for your reply, I replaced the battery about a month ago thinking jut that. No joy, but ones it was fully charged it did like to turn over better.
Rob

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Did you AGM battery
someone with knowledge on how to check it will be along,only thing I could is start removing fuses till it didn’t drain,check the power every few hours to assure it was loosing voltage

·
Administrator
27,122 Posts
Can you be more specific on which fuse?

Reactions: redwing52

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Kindest regards
Rob
If you explain how you came to that conclusion it could be helpful. Also do you have any non-OEM accessories? I usually disconnect the battery cable and using an ammeter in series with the battery post and cable end. If you find draw of more than 5 milli-amps then start puling fuses until the draw drops to normal. That is the circuit where the issue is, Here is a video that might help. The kid that made it must not have much experience but the info is good. You might already know this but I thought I might post it just in case. Hope it helps a little.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts