Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:cheeky1::cheeky1:I'm a happy camper. My wife drove our van to where we were doing the parking lot practice and did the practice with me. Our Goldwing chapter holds these practice session every 3rd Saturday of the month and this was the first time I was able to attend. My wife has been scared to get on the bike and has only ridden around the block 6 times, so this was a big deal. I was a little concern when we did the 25 ft circle test, but no problems. I've gotten pretty good at turning in tight spaces. After-wards, my wife went off to work and I went with the club out to Jamul, about 60 miles east of San Diego, down along the Mexican border. Nice ride, but it was in the 90s.

Anyway, it was a great day and I thought I would tell the world.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

Hi Jerry,

Your note about the 90 degree weather reminded me of my first bike. I had a 1976 Kawasaki Z-900 for about 2 years when I was trasferred to Jacksonville, Florida. I took my bike with me, but sold it soon after. Wish I hadn't. Anyway, I sold it because I like to where boots, pants, jacket when I ride and it was just too damn hot and sticky in Florida for me at the time. I should have waited a year to get used to the heat. Us Minnesotans can't stand anything over 80 degrees. ;)

- Jack

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.