Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bike is almost complete,,,but,,,What goes under headlight and attaches to the fairing. Two bolt holes in fairing but no more pieces to attach,,,few pictures I've found looks like some kind of chrome piece....should probably attach to front fairing stays that wrap towards headlight....What am I lookin for? Or is it just two more bolt holes to secure fairing?? or where is Waldo?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
What ever it was, would be aftermarket. Look around and see what you can find that you like and will cover the holes.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
If it is at the front of the fairing stay then there are 4 bolts, shouldered washers, lockwashers and capnuts otherwise post a picture of the spot you are asking about.

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
A picture would help.

Just guessing. Is it a honda fairing? If so the holes may be for the weight.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
A picture would help.

Just guessing. Is it a honda fairing? If so the holes may be for the weight.
The weight mounts to the forks where the headlight was mounted, not to the fairing(different mount tabs for the weight to forks).

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there are four bolt holes....I suppose it is just fairing bolts....I will jury rig four spacers (to keep from compromising the fairing......I have repaired and reassembled this entire bike from boxes out of a storage building.....and all I am missing is four fairing bolts, a radiator grill, and grill trim.........I salute the previous owner for his annallocity......

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
well we would still like to see pictures

·
Administrator
27,917 Posts
Those pictures don't help but are they the 4 holes around the rim at the bottom front of the fairing? If so there are 2 curved brackets that mount to the fairing bracket and support the front of the fairing.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes those are the holes, the fairing attaches to the curved fairing supports...I'm askin' is there something that bolts on the outside, accennt piece or something,,,or is it just bolt heads showing.....

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
In this diagram you need part numbers 20, 28, 30, 27. They bolt to 10, 11 in this diagram.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.