Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello Everybody.

I posted several months ago after picking up a BASKET Case 78 1000 that had sat in the woods for 19 years. I took it down to the frame and restored it all including complete engine re-work (except for cracking the cases and doing the tranny.)

I have it all back together and it is a good "rider" now and I am enjoying late afternoon rides now.

I still will re-paint the plastic and replace a few more parts that need re-chroming. Anyway I really like the old bike.

I have an old Vetter Trunk I want to put on it. I like the Vetter line because they are so freakin ugly, with that space ship thing going on. But a big chunk of theleft corner was literally knocked out, the left most cone-shaped housing for the left lbrake light was crunched, and the red lenses are missing.

Does anyone know the best way to fix the corner? Anybody know where I can get 4 red lenses?

This is a great Forum with very knowledgeable members - I've been reading all the information here for months. Thanks for any help you all can send my way.

Thanks!! OUB

Attachments

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
imported post

I replace two of mine from some I got from a trailer manufacturer. What about the nearest truck stop? Seems I've seen similar stuff there.

·
Registered
819 Posts
imported post

I have plans to replace all the lights on my Vetter Trunk with the large round LED lights I see on the back of the Tractor Trailer rigs. They will be brighter and use less electricity.

The only issue I have is to get around to doing it.

******* Trailer supplies has the lights I want to use, they run about $20.00 apiece.

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.