Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well, Unicorn Lady and I decided to run up to Charleston, West Virginia yesterday to pick up the parts I bought from onaXR. Just before leaving I picked up my new Megallan 3000T GPS from the post office, brought it home and mounted it on the bike and programed the run up into it. Worked great!!! I love it!!

We got into Charelston around 8pm and checked into the motel, walked next door to the Longhorn Steakhouse and had a great ribeye!

For such a large town and area around charelston, WV, I can't believe how hard it is to find a Walmart in that town!

Met up with onaXR around 9am at an IHOP near his house for breakfast then rode to his house to get the parts. Took time for a couple of pics the got everything loaded into the trailer. Even got a pair of passenger floorboards off him for Unicorn Lady. she got mad because they need some cleaning up and I wouldn't install them right then for her.

Well, we finally got started back home around noon and took a different route back home. We ended up riding through West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennassee, North Carolina before finally making it back into South Carolina. Awesome ride and some beautiful country.

Here's the pics.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Wow!!!! that sounds like a great ride you had. And nice pics to add too.

Now get off the puter and get those floorboards cleaned up,,,,,:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
imported post

Great looking rig and beautiful scenery!

Do you have four mirrors?

Chuck

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

Did you take 119 out of Charleston? That is a nice drive. Of course there are a lot of nice drives in that area. Give it another month and it will be even prettier. The Redbuds will be blooming and the hills will be getting that fuzzy appearance they get just before the leaves starting coming out.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
imported post

It sure was a pretty weekend for a ride here in WV Thanks for sharing the pictures. And as stated in a few more weks it would have really been beautiful.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,153 Posts
imported post

Hey Michael, are those real trees there on those hills? :cheeky1:

Don't see much of that out here in desert country. LOL

Does look like a pretty area to be driving through, but how come it is all so uh, brown?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Yes, I do have 4 mirrors. Soon to have a wrap a round windshield on her too.

Rode 119 from Charleston all the way to where it met 23.

Got a lot of wind yesterday, those mountains act like a funnel and the wind hits you pretty hard sometimes.

I told my wife the same thing about the tress, I told her to wait another 2 or 3 weeks and it would be very pretty up that way.

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Hey Michael, are those real trees there on those hills? :cheeky1:

Don't see much of that out here in desert country. LOL

Does look like a pretty area to be driving through, but how come it is all so uh, brown?
John that was the biggest complaint I had when out looking at land in southern CO. Not a tree for miles . Its quite a change for a boy raised up in the FL swamplands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.