Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi, I am new here, joined today and this forum seems to be just great:)
I own a 1987 Goldwing Aspencade and need some parts as I am refurbishing my ride. It is still in impeccable condition but some stuff due to old age needs to be replaced. The bike has done only 12000 miles since new and it is the first time I am inspecting the engine, brakes filters etc after the bike sitting for a few years unused!
I would be grateful if I can be pointed in the direction of parts vendors.
Is there a list on the forum?
Cheers
Farouk

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

WELCOME TO THE GREATEST WING FORUM.

On the topics page if you look on your right youll see a goldwing tips Link. Click on that you will find options and part numbers for brake pads, filters, timming belts etc.

On the subject of timiming belts. This is the first thing to do as suggested by many of experience.

As this is an interfearance engine , if these belts go you can bend valves and make a real mess of the internal poparts of your engine.
It has been recommeded to change every 3 years 25,ooo miles but if the history is suspect or if it has been sitting for too long this replacement will give you peace of mind.

I spent Just under $30 at napa for my belts and I really cant brag about doing the belts because I have done them before.
Go to the referance Faqforum on here and you will find a tutorial into changing your belts.
Once this is done we can go on to bigger better things.
Hope this helps and as before Welcome aboard.
jose

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hi there Challenger_7 and a big warm welcome to the site. :waving:

I see you are in the Middle East, but here is a thread that might help you to locate some bits that you want....

http://goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum9/35347.html

alternatively, if you check out Ebay in the USA or UK/Europe, you may well find bits that you need.

Hope this helps you a bit and if you go to the for sale and wanted forums and post what you are looking for, members may be able to help too.

Enjoy the forums and please visit often.

:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

You are more than welcome Farouk, hope you enjoy looking for goodies for the Wing.

Give a shout out if anyone can help you to obtain bits.

:waving:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.