Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

so I have found out in my end of the world parts are getting hard to get for my 83 1100 asp, so what wears out most often, what should I pick and toss on the shelf? do the starters give up? points? electical? Help me out so I can keep her on the road !!

NEIL

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

The big guy gl1100 wrote:
so I have found out in my end of the world parts are getting hard to get for my 83 1100 asp, so what wears out most often, what should I pick and toss on the shelf? do the starters give up? points? electical? Help me out so I can keep her on the road !!

NEIL
Neil, if it were me I'd keep a pair of timing belts, carb rebuild kit, starter rebuild kit, fuel pump, & water pump. As well as plugs. There will always be most parts available on the aftermarket. Here is a link that you will find very useful.
Randakk's Cycle Shakk.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

I try to collect the high dollar parts, but at discounted values on ebay. It they auction too high, well there will be another deal later.

ECM, Fuel Pump, Rotors, Generator, Starter, Carbs, Tires, others. Not that I have all these parts, but then I have many other lower dollar parts also.

Everything is high at the dealer, and a lot of the aftermarket part are high too.

Shop around and buy when you have the urge.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

electrical things like pulse generators that allow your bike to run are critical. alot of electronics, tupperware & year specific parts will get harder to find.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

hatchetman wrote:
electrical things like pulse generators that allow your bike to run are critical. alot of electronics, tupperware & year specific parts will get harder to find.
Is that a Big Boss trike in you Avatar. Cool machine.:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

It's a home built trike, frame up construction. 350 Chevy motor, 700 r 4 tranny & a 6 inch drive shaft turning a posi rear end. Rad is mounted in the very rear with 2 fans for cooling. It is built with a weight ballance that will not allow it to spin the tires or pull a wheelie. the result is zero to 60 miles per hour in seconds. it pulls your hands right off the bars.

this model is not my creation . the man sitting on it built it. i made a similar one 20 years ago which looked better but not ballanced as well as this one.

The hardest part is getting it to pass inspection. welding must be certified by a ticketed welder etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.