Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Everyone here knows the Great ordeal I went thru with getting relicensed recently.

This is a Holiday today (in the USA) and alot of people will be consuming alcohol tonight.

Please, If you decide to consume Alcohol today and party with the family & friends. Get a DESIGNATED DRIVER whom is NOT Drinking to drive you home or hand over the Keys .

There is but only ONE PERSON responsible by being caught behind the wheel (handlebars) while under the influence. This person is (refer to photo)

Drink Responsibly, For MY lifes sake.

Randy. (ran429)

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Good advice... did you know that about 17,000 Americans lose theirlives due to drunk driving every year! Sixtypercent of motorcycle fatalities involve drunk motorcycists.

We kill ourselves much more efficiently than terrorists ever will. Maybe we should re-think our priorities.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Amen that Randy. Drinking is fun, motorcycling is the best fix ever but the two don't mix.

Over here the penalties are harsh ( and quite rightly so) and there is no stigma in the circles I frequent about not drinking if you are driving, unlike days gone by, when mates used to say " go on, have just one for the road!"

I get almost as much pleasure being the sober one and driving as I do from drinking. The ones who have had a skinful, give me a right laugh at their antics.

I am not a prude and am not one to lecture anyone about their lifestyle, beliefs, or anything, but when someone can affect others so dramatically, bringing sorrow to so many, I will not condone that.

Brave words Randy.

Pete

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Take it from a guy who has bounced off a dashboard at 60, yet lived to tell...

1. Clean and Clearis the only way to ride.

2. Ride like you are invisible.

L8r:weightlifter:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey ran429 :clapper: Well said. :clapper:Im a non-drinker and non-smoker all my life.

I have nothing against either, :(but drinking alcohol and driving/riding any vehicle afterwards is premeditated murder :whip: if you kill some person on the road. :whip:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I can only agree with you guys. It apalls me how many people in Washington have many convictions of DUI. The just keep on doing it and the courts just let them go. Usually because of jail crowding. For God's sake let the fool drug users out and jail the damn drunk drivers for life after their third conviction.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

I get my "Buzz" from riding !:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:

Dito that!!:clapper::clapper::clapper:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
So do I but I'd feel a hell of a lot safer if they got the damn drunks off the road.:whip:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

I get my "BUZZZZZZ" from riding my Honda 50 and my neighbours :18red: and of course a little swimming and a little jogging. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
wingdawg101 wrote:
So do I but I'd feel a hell of a lot safer if they got the damn drunks off the road.:whip:
thats why my wing stayed in the garage all weekendover the 4thtoo many nut cases around here

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Last time I got a buzz, there was a wasp in my helmet!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Last time I got a buzz, there was a wasp in my helmet!
LOL!!:tongue::goofygrin::goofygrin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.