Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was going to install the Kuryakyn armrests with folding drink holder, but after doing some research, I came to the conclusion that they are mounted to the trunk and cannot take much weight. I would prefer the more beefy armrests that mount to the hand-holds, but then I lose the cupholder, which is also a "must-have" for my wife.

I am considering the Chrome Werks armrests, and possibly the combo kit that includes the driver backrest. However, I'm not sure that the driver backrest would have enough versatility to make it worth the money.

Does anybody else have something different that they would recommend? The driver backrest is not a requirement, as I can get a Utopia separately and know that I'll be happy with it. My main concern is getting armrests that don't bolt to, or interfere with opening the trunk, and that provide a means for attaching a drink holder.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

We put on the Kury ones and they work fine. True you can't lean your full weight on them, but we haven't found that a problem. They don't interfere with anything, and IMHO they look way better than the other kind.

I use the drink holder myself when I am on my own, I switched it to the left hand side.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,653 Posts
imported post

My bike had the ones that bolt onto the trunk brackets.

Never had any issues at all.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I have a set of the ones that fit to the hand rail holes and you should be aware that if you have the seat heaters the brackets will need bending to miss the passenger controller.

I am not unhappy with this, especially as I snapped them up on ebay at a reasonable price.

I have simpley fitted a cheap and chearful cup holder by drilling it and mounting under the front of the armrest using the existing securing bolt for the padded bit. Works just fine.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
imported post

I went with the Hondaline armrests and a beverage butler drink holder that mounts on the antenna bracket, I know the armrests are much shorter but you can open the trunk without swinging armrests out of the way, I really like the beverage butler but they cost so dam much

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
I have a set of the ones that fit to the hand rail holes and you should be aware that if you have the seat heaters the brackets will need bending to miss the passenger controller.

I am not unhappy with this, especially as I snapped them up on ebay at a reasonable price.

I have simpley fitted a cheap and chearful cup holder by drilling it and mounting under the front of the armrest using the existing securing bolt for the padded bit. Works just fine.
The ones I describe here do not need to be swung out for opening of the trunk either. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.