Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Before I posted this question I did a search to be certain I'm not being redundant. I have everything on my 1500 but passenger armrests. I was told by the fellow I got the bike from that armrest can be dangerous. He said he has heard of passengers getting stuck if the bike falls, due to the armrests. Anyone have any horror stories I should hear before I get them?

Attachments

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Mike, I had them and a back rest on my bike but took them off. I felt confined by the backrest. The woman who hangs around here has ridden a couple thousand miles on one or two hour rides and hasn't mentioned the need for arm rests back there. She agreed with my selling them, thought they might be confining.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

La Reina del Mundo states armrests are required by royal decree. Thus what choice have we common men?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

I have armrests on my 1200. They are comfortable but scary!!!

I have 4 rugrats ranging from 13 down to 6. Thay all love getting on the back of Dad's toy but I'm paranoid about 2 things. 1 they can fall asleep. 2 they lean on the armrest which gives them a flase sense of security. The armrests fold out. I have tightened them up, but they need to move in order to open the top box.

I really don't think that if the s**t has hit the fan the armrests will make any difference. My wife tells me the armrests are comfortable, and she has to tell herself they are for decoration only.

Andrew

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

On the 1500 you can get armrest extensions that allow the trunk to be opened without swinging them out, perhaps something like that is available for the 1200.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
imported post

Wife really likes them, they were her idea. She can't figure out how she travelled all those years and miles without them. Wouldn't want to be without them now.

I have never heard of them causing a problem, that doesn't mean they didn't, but I would have to agree with Andrewl, if the s**t hits the fan, I don't think they will make a whole lot of difference.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.