Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

New guy here...actually a new "old" guy! Just bought an 81 Interstate yesterday, 17k miles, and need a back rest for the passenger that mounts on the trunk with 3 bolts. Anybody parting one? As long as I'm posting, may as well mention my history: Began riding in 1963 with a Cushman centrifugal clutch scooter (wanted dad to buy a 12hp Eagle for me, but he said it was too powerful!) and have gone through several bikes since, with a very long hiatus between early marriage and early retirement! Still babysit the grandkids, but have finally decided to get back on a bike again and found the Wing. Last couple of bikes were a Honda CBX1000 (the six banger...) and a CB900, both 81's as well. Can't post very often, but have enjoyed "listening" to the community, and will jump in when I can. I'll get a shot of the "new" ride in a few days.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Geezer Im somewhat of a newbie ,yself and have found this little block of the web to be absolutely invaluable!!! Good luck on the search for the backrest im sure someone has one if not try the guys at www.usedgoldwingparts.com The might have one cheap.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Mare sea for the comeback! I did take a look at what they had available a bit earlier, and the one we have is apparently one of the small ones that don't extend past the top of the trunk lid. I'm not too worried about finding one immediately since I have to get the bike going first. Think I need to pull the starter, but hope it's just a starter relay (the solenoid clicks, though...). Many other things on the plate, and it's too dang cold out there to ride around, anyway! (I used to ride in the rain in Oregon...in fact, I preferred it...but nowadays I'm a bit pickier about my health...)
(Too bad one of those emoticons isn't a set of false teeth! I see that most of them are bald, though, so that's OK...)

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
imported post

They dont have much of their actual inventory online its best to call or sent an email to them. And you get the mighty wheeled and wing-ed beast on the road again soon not to many of the classics still trackin these days.

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

PM sent

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

Checkout Crescent Moon Cycles in Prescott AZ . Frenchy may have one .

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

I have one that is a faded red cloth. Yours for they taking for shipping costs. PM me your email and I'll send you some pic's. It will need to be re-covered. If you do get it, when it gets recovered have the extend it. I did when I had mine recovered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.