Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
WingRider51
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

New 2008 GL1800,my wife is only 5'2" and likes to sit up sraight while riding. The backrest for the passanger is very uncomfortable for her. Is there any addons or modifications availble to bring the backrest to a more verticle position. If I open the trunk about 6-8 inches it places the backrest in a goodposition for her. She liked the old 83 GL1100 backrest. It did not lean back so far.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Why not get a flat gel pad or a flat cushion and strap it on or felcro it in place behind her ,?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

We had the same problem with the passenger back rest. I had WingSoft (located in Austin, Texas) work it over. My wife loved after they got through. They removed about half the thickness in that little butt pad and added 1/2 inch of foam to the upright section.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
imported post

rfhoag
Any good upholstery shop should be able to add or subtract foam and make the backrest more comfortable. I do things like that all the time in my shop. Call around your area because I'm sure you will find a shop that can make it fit.
Bill

·
WingRider51
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Bill, Jack & Ciaran:
Thanks for the input. I will check with an upholstery shop in the area. Just about time to put her away for the winter. They, the weatherman, were talking the "s" word yesterday, but it didn't happen. Phew!!!

Happy Riding Guys
RFHoag

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.