Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My wife's knees get stiff after a while with just the one position via the OEM boards. I have a backrest mounted already, and she says that a higher leg position won't help much as her legs would bump into it. She's 5'5" tall. I'm thinking about adding either adjustable floorboards or pegs. Any advice on solutions that have worked? Thanks much.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

I put adjustable pegs on the wing for my wife and she doesn't like them. She just extends her legs straight out every once and a while. In our case that is just one of the prospects of getting old.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Sethan12, can you describe why your wife doesn't like the adjustable pegs? My wife currently uses the same "cure" as yours, BTW.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

They just seem to jam her legs up more than flat on the boards. We stop after every hour of riding for about 10 minutes and this helps also. We went 6500 miles in 15 days this way without problems. Like I said in our case it is just getting older that is the main problem. 30 years ago I could have rode and not stopped except to fill up. Now we have to stop every hour to stretch and pee.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

I know JUST what you mean! I'm fairly sure that pegs that bring my wife's feet higher won't help....hoping that there's something out there that will help when we try to stretch an hour into a longer ride.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

My wife was having problems with her left leg and knee getting sore and going to sleep with the stock pegs after about 200 miles on a run. I got her some floorboards to replace the pegs and she's been a happy camper ever since.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I saw these cool, but pricey, passenger boards that have a peg setup built in, that flips up and foreward. Can't remember for sure, but I think Kuryakin made em.I'll look around and post a link if I can find them. They kinda put you in mind of those Mick o Pegs, kinda.jimsjinx

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
imported post

My wife is 5'4 bought the transformers and she loves them.Very good investment if she rides with you alot.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

My wife waws fussing about that a bit, I got a ttrunk adjuster and movet it back 2" and she say that helped a lot. Wing Stuff has them for about $30 US.:action::action:

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
jimsjinx wrote:
I saw these cool, but pricey, passenger boards that have a peg setup built in, that flips up and foreward. Can't remember for sure, but I think Kuryakin made em.I'll look around and post a link if I can find them. They kinda put you in mind of those Mick o Pegs, kinda.jimsjinx
They're called the transformer. They make them for the 1500 too.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/3/scID/69/IMID/311

John
My wife has afused back (old Bicycle vs tree injury). I bought a set of these for our 1500 and they made a huge difference for her. Using these and stopping every couple of hours allows us to make the long rides. Have covered as much as 815 miles in one day.

Worth the money.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

I have had the same problem. My Girlfriend is 5'2" and the stock foot pads for the passenger on the 1800 are too low for her. A friend of mine is a bone doctor and said he recommends that the knee not be higher than the thigh, but also not too low either or one can cut off circulation. Just slightly lower knee than a level thigh has turned out to be the right combination for her. So the adjustable foot pad risers did the trick for us.

Oh.... one more thing.... make sure that the jeans, chaps or riding pants are not bunching up on the back of the knee's also.:action:

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

My wife had pain in her hips after after a ride with the stock boards. I put the transformer boards on and she wouldn't ride without them. Doesnt even use the boards any more just put her feet up on the pegs from the start.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.