Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Bought a pair of passenger footboards for the 84 1200 Interstate. Have bolts for upper and front holes, but not sure what the deal is with the rear hole --it's 7/8" diameter. I thinkschematics say one side takes a 10x45 bolt and the other a 10x55, but that hole is way too big for just a bolt.

Is there some sort of bushing that goes in the hole, or some metal piece I'm missing? Looks like the stock bolt goes through an exhaust bracket. I can leave that in place and just use the two bolts on each board, but wasn't sure if that's enough to support the weight of a person.If there isa piece I'm missing, maybe someone has the demensionsand/or a photo...

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Just went to the shop and checked mine. It has two larger hex head bolts in the lower part and a smaller in the upper......I can take a pic if you need it:)

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for the info, nightwizard40. Is the lower rear hole (circled in the photo) as big on yours? The other two holes on mine have an inset that the bolt head snugs against, but that back one's wide open...

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

As these clicky pics show - the '86Aspy didn't even have the lower hole - the bracket is formed around the exhaust hanger bolt, instead of including it. I think you're okay.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Nice! Maybe the hole on mine is more of an access hole if removing the exhaust. Thanks for the pics

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Wing Bucket wrote:
. . . .the hole on mine is more of an access hole if removing the exhaust.. . . .
I believe that is EXACTLY the case - big enough hole to get a socket through. I'd use some nice, high grade fasteners in the other two holes, and call it a day. :action:

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

mine only has two bolt holes, the muffler bracket goes to the hole you circled

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.