1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Another security newsletter tid bit.

Your password that you use for financial banking on the internet, email, etc... is probably not a good one. Unless, you are a security conscious individual.

I thought I was using a very strong password. Wrong!

Look at this website, and bookmark it for permanent future use.

http://www.passwordmeter.com/

also, here is a snippet from that article.......................

No matter how strong a password you select, it won't remain secret if you enter it on a machine that's infected with a keylogger. For this reason, you shouldn't sign in to online banking sites at random Internet cafés or any place without good antivirus protection.

Ensure passwords remain useful to your heirs

Avoid writing your passwords on sticky notes or saving them in an unencrypted text file on your PC. However, there's one instance when this otherwise-sound advice doesn't apply:

• "Although I agree with the article on strong passwords, there's one small-but-important thing left out. I had a friend who died recently of a brain tumour (he was 59) and, of course, he had many passwords that were not stored on the computer, only in his head.

"As his memory went very rapidly, he forgot them, so his wife could not access some sites/programs easily, and others not at all.

"So I would add to the article: Do write down your passwords and tell your next of kin where they are or how to access them."
"Don't take your passwords to the grave."

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

How do we know if your after our passwords?????????

Just kidding, nothin on a computer is safe................

One reason I don't facebook or any of those other sites, too many yahoo's there and you know there is stuff going on behind the scenes of those sites.......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.