Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi there, I'm trying to avoid sewing if possible.

Is there any good glues out there?:?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

Yea, I picked up a couple here while back. One I got from the local Ace hardware called Pliobond, it is a contact cement that worked very well.

The other I got at my local Hobby Lobby, called Tanners Bond Leathercraft Cement and it worked so well that a guy pulled on my patch and it pulled a layer of leather off with the patch. Needless to say he had to pay to get it sewed back on for messing with it......lol

I found a good heavy object like a brick works well and make sure you cover up to the edges. I also recommend that you use a knife and make cuts into the back so that you get the cloth material exposed if you have the iron on backing on a patch.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
imported post

cntryboy1289 wrote:
I found a good heavy object like a brick works well and make sure you cover up to the edges.

Jeff
Isn't it awkward in the twisties carrying that brick around on your jacket?:)

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

fenry wrote:
cntryboy1289 wrote:
I found a good heavy object like a brick works well and make sure you cover up to the edges.

Jeff
Isn't it awkward in the twisties carrying that brick around on your jacket?:)
Yeah but I bet it would be good for tail gaters.......:D

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Actually I prefer to have mine sewn on. Mine are just done with a single stitch for now until I get a better vest then they'll get double stitched on.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
imported post

I sew mine on myself. Just takes more time if you don't want to sew it to the lining too.

James

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

I cut the edge of the liner loose so I can sew the patch directly onto the leather and then stitch the liner back once I am done.

Now guys, do I really have to explain the brick to you.......lol

I stopped gluing mine on after the guy ripped my jacket by pulling on the patch. The little edges don't glue down well and will curl up a tad which is what he yanked on. I learned to sew years ago and do it by hand until I can buy a machine to handle the leather.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Okay Thanks for the onions here! er... I mean opinions!:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.