Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have two small tears in the seat, right where the byootarsky arches upwards. I have been thinking that maybe some black silicone might close it up and support it for awhile. Or, maybe some of that black plasti-dip stuff you can dip your pliers handles in. Should be supple, and still seal.

Does this sound nuts to you?:madeyes:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I've patched a couple of small tears by slipping a piece of backing material behind the tear and using crazy glue to glue them together. It worked real well on my 1200.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

I've used some super glue thats called Future glue, You can get it at walmart, I had a split on the seam of my old yamaha it was about 6 inches long and held together for the 3 years I had the bike and was good when I sold it, I was impressed, I don't think silocone would hold up, doesn't harden enough, so when you sit I think she'd come apart,

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

On Monday, I think I will call a local upholstery shop and see what they want to recover it. I watched one one ebay, that went for $135 fresh out of the shop.

Most of my seat is fine, the tears are not huge. Comfort is an issue, the tail bones got tender after about 100 miles.

I think that the corbin is the way to go, but am still looking at options.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
Comfort is an issue, the tail bones got tender after about 100 miles.
Even with the new seat I would start to squirm around after an hour or so. Put a sheep skin over theseat and man is it nice. :grinner:

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
imported post

where can a guy get those sheepskin covers? im a bigger guy 6'6 250 i dont think they had guys like me in mind when they designed the 1200. i get uncomfy pretty quickly. Hammer

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

hammer wrote:
where can a guy get those sheepskin covers? im a bigger guy 6'6 250 i dont think they had guys like me in mind when they designed the 1200. i get uncomfy pretty quickly. Hammer
http://www.alaskaleather.com/

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
imported post

I made mine up out of an old auto seat cover. It had gotten pretty ragged and the person was going to throw it out when they got their new ones. I claimed it right before it hit the trash can. It was pretty torn up but was able to salvage enough for my half of the seat. I was told that there is a sheep farm not to far from here that sells pelts. If I get a chance I'll check on it.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
imported post

good idea, im going to make one out of a car seat cover for the time being while i do some shopping. Hammer

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
imported post

I had a 1/4 inch tear in my seat (won't tell you why the exacto got so close.Stupid me) and i used marine goop from an automotive deal;er and it worked great . I just gave it 2 light coats and bam bam all repaired.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.