Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Grooved Pavement?????? I will pull over and ride on the paved shoulder before I'll go through the white knuckles ride on almost any grooved pavement....I'll ride on it only if there is no other way to get around it.....This brings up another big gripe of mine....

OK I know enough from pouring many many slabs for additions and new homes that you ALWAYS keep your slab as straight as possible....Nothing worse than an un level slab to create you more problems.......Now we have the high way builders that do nothing but build freeways, highways etc.....The machines they have cost in the millions of dollars....These guys do some great leveling dirt work, then they put a black top that they will be pouring concrete on.....On top of this go the side rails that they use as a "track" to run these multi million dollar machines on.....Now I have seen so much "leveling" with grooving machines to get high spots cut down to be level, after the concrete dries, and these areas have NO warning signs either.....My question is this......How come with all these high dollar concrete leveling machines can't they pour concrete without having to go back and cut it down with a grooving machine.....??????

I have driven on some old highways built in the 40's and 50's that are now secondary roads and they are still smooth and very rideable.....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.