Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

About a month ago, while reading another post I came across a member from New York, (DrAce51),who claimed to have kept only the seat from a 84-1200I that he had purchased when new. Seems he bought a Corbin seat and put the stocker in storage for the past 27 years.

Long story made longer. After a few e-mails and phone conversations I have this beautiful, barely used seat for my 86-I.:happy: Andy sent it out; said try it out, and pay if you like it. I'm tellin' ya this thing belongs in a show-room. The good Doctor is an auto-mechanic by trade, and if he treats his customers half as well as he treated me, there must be a lot of happy people in New York.

The Dr. is "ACES" with me...:applause::applause::applause: :gunhead:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

:applause::applause::applause: Very nice!!

John

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

lets see a picture of it

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Corbin seats were available that long ago? I remember buying what I thought was one of the first Corbin seats for my 2 year old '86 Ninja 600, even though the sales person suggested it was not a good idea. Pure junk he said. Well, when it came in, he was right. It was falling apart in the box. I had it sent back on the spot, even with a 20% restocking charge. Glad I kept the stock seat. I later learned that NO seat would have been comfortable on the Ninja 600, the riding position was the problem. But at least the stock seat wasn't falling apart.

If I ever get my '85 GL1200LTD all fixed up mechanically, I am going to have the seat redone by a local shop with a reputation for quality work and fair prices. I am going for a basic recover, nothing fancy. I have put over 140,000 miles on the stock seats of 2 Kawasaki Vulcan 750s without any pain, and very little discomfort. Many people claim they can't be ridden over 100 miles per day because of the seat. At 6'1" 240, I have ridden a HONDA REBEL 250 for several 500 mile days.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

JerryH wrote:
Corbin seats were available that long ago? ...
I think I bought my first Corbin in about 1980, for a GL1000. I still prefer them to any others I've tried.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

As requested, took a while. I had to find an angle that didn't show how filthy the Wing is... :gunhead:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

:applause::applause::congrats::congrats::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
imported post

Shooter wrote:
As requested, took a while. I had to find an angle that didn't show how filthy the Wing is... :gunhead:
Dam ! That seat Looks GREAT ! :thumbsup::claps:. Now you'll have to clean the bike for sure to match the New seat!! Great Find !

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

Shooter wrote:
As requested, took a while.  I had to find an angle that didn't show how filthy the Wing is...                         :gunhead:
That is a sweet looking seat. great picture. thanks

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Sure looks nicer than the one I am riding.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

DrAce51 wrote:
So give us an up date ! Are you still happy with the seat ?
Still loving the seat. I pulled my shoulder at work two weeks ago, and with the crappy weather I haven't been doing much riding. I still have my rain gear, but 55* and rain at 5:00am when I leave for work --- well the Wing stays in the garage... :gunhead:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Sounds great, Shooter! :cooler::cooler:

Now ...... why don't you break that seat in by riding down to the NE M&G at the end of the month in Front Royal? :readit: ;)

Dusty

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
imported post

SidecarMike wrote:
JerryH wrote:
Corbin seats were available that long ago? ...
I think I bought my first Corbin in about 1980, for a GL1000.  I still prefer them to any others I've tried.
Mike Corbin has made seats for over 40 yrs. Started in 1968

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.