Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
24,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave the drone I recently bought a pretty scathing but truthful review on amazon and got an email from the seller offering me more batteries free, I took them. Got a charging cord with them that does 2 at once. I got another email asking me to change my review, ain't going to happen, still have to land and change batteries every 7 minutes.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Ridiculous flight time. Mine used to go for more then 25 min. Now it became a submarine. Im getting another one from China. Ordered it a week ago but Corona virus has slowed things down. I will have 3 batteries to enjoy .
SJRC F11 Pro.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My next big invention is an airbag that floats your drone if it touches water... Just need to find a small enough explosive charge that doesn't self-destruct the drone, LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I put it in" follow me" mode as I was riding the suzuki on a road with water on both sides. I figured Im going to stop somewhere to retrieve it. I was cool watching it in the rear view mirror as it was following me at 4 o'clock
I went with a 10-12 M/H on my back figuring I will help the drone cover a greater distance, After almost a mile I wanted to stop to retrieve the drone but there was not any pullouts from the park road. When I got to one the drone lost wi fi connection with me ,It was over the big puddle that extends to Europe. I managed to turn it around and brought it towards me a bit but then it decided that it is too low in power and has just sufficient juice to make it home ( the place it took off from) That place was like a mile away against the wind.
I got on my bike made a quick u turn and followed it 3/4 of the way. Then it disappeared behind the dunes separating me from the beach.
My son and I looked in a dense vegetation almost impenetrable area , for a few hours and couldn't locate it . Last GPS location was near the beach. Pilot error I would say since I should have flown it against the wind the first leg.
When I get the new one Im going to survey the dune area a bit more

·
Administrator
24,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'll paint mine white so it's more visible.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I think I'll paint mine white so it's more visible.
Good idea... except in a snow blizzard. I was considering orange or red. They make a sensor that starts beeping and flashing a LED if the drone is motionless for a few minutes.Very light weight and has own battery. About $17.00

1 - 9 of 9 Posts